Thursday, January 07, 2010

\m/ HOOK EM \m/

In a matter of hours the game will be on and people will be glued to the TV... I may or may not be one of them. I really don't care who wins but I don't think I can tolerate the obnoxious Alabama fans. Not all are obnoxious but there's enough to make me pull for Texas. My dad had my mom rent a generator just incase the power went out. Which brings me to my next point...

Where's the snow? I really wanted it. They talked this up so much calling it a "historic winter event" and all that junk. I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get snow. I've seen flurries off and on all day. My kids are begging for snow. I'm ready for it. We bought a portable heater that runs of propane. We've got plastic to cover the windows (cause we're ghetto). I have groceries and plenty of warm clothes. We're just lacking the white stuff right now.

Matthew, Jessica and myself have been watching all the Harry Potter movies over the last few weeks. We watched the 6th one last night so now we're going to be one of those geeks that stand in line for hours trying to buy tickets ;) maybe not. Its good but I don't know of many movies that will make me stand in line for hours. Its not anything like I expected it to be. I remember when it first came out and all the talk about it from christians.... how they were banning it and that junk. I'm not really sure why. I mean if those christians would take such a strong stance with all they do and see then maybe it would make more sense to me. But those same christians are hooked on soap operas, romance novels and all sorts of other junk that they shouldn't be watching for the same reasons they wanted to boycott HP.

Well I've managed to make my first batch of macoroni salad... I asked everyone what was the one thing they wanted to snack on this weekend if we got stranded... Jessica picked macoroni salad. I must say... I did good. Now I've gotta get started on my mexican soup.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll stand in line with you guys....we can go to the midnight showing---those are always fun!! Everybody dresses up as a character. I've never done it, but only b/c I've always gone by myself and dressing up would be weird!!

Denise said...

We have all the snow up here - we are supposed to get anywhere from 5-15" overnight> The city wont' see the big numbers of snow, but the suburbs will. I will happily send you my share and my mom's share - heck, evenmy sister's share of Chicago snow!!! Just how to pack itup....

Eric said...

I love your comment about being ghetto!...only because while growing up we have done that many times! ROFL!