Thursday, April 24, 2008

I posted this on my xanga today

Until this morning I couldn't remember anything that would have cause me to hurt my shoulder.... the light bulb went off in my head and I realized that Monday afternoon I lifted the barn door open by myself. Its actually a garage door but it had fallen off its tracks or something to do with the springs... anyways I HAD to open the door b/c someone was coming up over to buy our old stove!

Tuesday morning I work up with my shoulder extremely sore. I thought that I had just slept on it wrong. My favorite sleeping position is laying on my belly with my left arm bent under my pillow. As the day went on it wasn't getting better.

Wednesday I finally broke down and went to the chiropractor. *** I'd rather see him b/c a doctor would only give me pain meds which would/could resort in me injurying it further b/c I wouldn't feel it due to the drugs!*** Anyways so I left my house around 10 till 5pm and headed 2 exits north to Calera. Just about half between the exit I got on and the next exit I came to a STOP!!! I ended sitting in the HOT sun for 45 - FORTY FIVE MINUTES with the sun beating down on me!! I eventually turned off my car for fear that it would run hot. Everyone else seemed to have turned theres off too. I had this sudden panic attack that OMG!! WHAT IF... I have to go to the bathroom... then I started thinking I was thirsty... like really thirsty. Finally we were able to crank up our cars and TAKE OFF. Seriously one minute we're completely stopped and the next minute we're flying down the interstate!!! I never saw any signs of a wreck!!!!!!!!!!!! I made it to the doctor just minutes before he closed but he's a nice doctor so he stayed just for me :) He had me do a series of 'test' to see exactly what/where it was hurting. He did some other stuff then he taped me up and told me no lifting. I laughed and asked him if he was coming home with me tonight. He knows I have a house full of kids!!!!!! What was he thinking - no lifting! HA! $180 later I head home. Gotta go back Monday!!!!!

Anyways... today is Thursday and I've had some other bad news come up... not that I'm ready to share but just pray. My shoulder is SORE! I think its hurting worse than before he tapped it up! I'm supposed to go to a pamered chef party in a few hours and I'm really looking forward to the girl time. Sucks that I have no money to buy anything but it will still be fun.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

You have an amazing Chiropractor right there in you city right across from the High School. He's a Christian. We use him all the time. Give him a try.

Jamie said...

I love pampered chef. I haven't been to a party in ages. I really do need a few things.

I'm sorry about your shoulder. I really hope it heals up quick!