Friday, April 18, 2008

I HATE THE GOVERMENT!

The way the WIC program works here... and maybe every where else too... is you have to call at 7am the DAY you need the appointment... nothing is schedule prior. Well I set my alarm this morning and I've been calling the WIC office since 7am. Its 8:38am and I'm still calling them. I have them on speaker phone and I just keep hitting redial. Its really frustrating. The phone will ring and ring and ring and ring and ring and ring until it disconnects you. I tried calling the 800 number but the lady there says she can't help me. I'm really pissed. Today Jessica is out of school so I could have slept in but I knew I really needed to do this today. We haven't had WIC in a month and I didn't realize how much it helped. Its a good thing our cars don't run off of MILK! LOL I have to take all the kids with me and since Jessica is home today she can help me while I'm there.

I'm about to load up my car, head down there and DEMAND I been seen right away... ya think it'd work????


******* Update*******
Its now 9:03am and I've resorted to finding their fax number and sending a SOS fax!!!!!!
update 2 9:09am
someone finally called me from the fax i sent... they're office is closed today b/c they're in montgomery having a meeting. well i told the lady that i've been calling montgomery and they weren't showing the offic closed!!!!! SO THEN... i called the lady back in montgomery to tell her what had happened and she was just as frustrated as me!!!!!!!!!!!! i said they need some sort of answering service b/c this was crazy!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Our WIC offices actually schedule you 3 months ahead of time. Its up to you to remember when they are. If you miss its a pain to get another one. At least here they let you choose a time that works best for you. In Texas they just told you when to be there!
***Thank you for today**** I knew you could help me out!!!! Hope the bleeding foot stopped!!! Why does something always happen when we are on the phone?