Saturday, December 29, 2007

Week in Review

Christmas was good. We spent Christmas Eve with the Brocks. Later that night we put together around 60 cardboard blocks and built a fort around the christmas tree. The kids loved knocking it down!

Christmas day we went to my folks house for a few hours. We managed to get home before dark so the kids could play outside. Darcy got a Dora 4 wheeler... the big one! She loves it. That afternoon the Brocks came over for chili and to see the kids with their new toys. We played catch phrase.

Since Christmas I've worked a lot. I'm at the new Jemison location. Its less than 2 minutes from my house and it saves big time in gas. Matthew has to work all weekend AND New Years Eve. He's off New Years Day but has to work the following weekend. So the next off day he'll get will be the 12th.

The kids also got a trampoline for Christmas. Jessica and Darcy have spent several hours on it. The boys haven't gotten on it yet... the safety net still needs to be attached. We also have a swingset the Brocks got Darcy for her b'day/Christmas that still needs to be put together... I don't see that happening anytime soon with Matthew's work schedule.

I got some gift cards for Christmas that I'm dying to use. I haven't had the chance to go shopping for those awesome after Christmas sales. I did managed to go to Walmart the day after Christmas. I needed diapers :) I browsed the leftover Christmas decorations and bought a few things. On the way home I got a speeding ticket. I'm really frustrated with myself about it. Its been YEARS since I've gotten a ticket. And now all the money I was given for Christmas is going to pay for a stupid ticket! It was a little after 11pm. I had Jessica with me. We were less than a minute from the house. I didn't speed the whole home... I'd just gotten off the phone with Matthew... He was making sure we were okay. He had to work the next day but didn't want to go to sleep without me there. So I was feeling guilty and decided to gas it a little. We were so close to being home!!!!!!!!!! I was clocked doing 64 in a 45. There was no getting out of it either. The guy was young, short and cocky.

Life goes on...

I'm bored. The girls are outside and the boys are sleeping. My hubby is working and I'm here. I don't have to work again till next Wednesday but that doesn't seem to matter right now since my hubby is working so much. I miss him.

The guys at the Jemison store are young. High school seniors. They have potty mouths. They bragg about the girls the have sex with, the amount of alcohol they drink and the fact that the parent's are 'cool' with it all. Its sad.

Anyone have any new years plans?

2 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Well, that's cool you now work so close to home! I didn't realize they were opening one down there.

D has to work New Years Eve also. We thought he would have to work New Years day, but just found out he has it off. I guess we will be home watching the Auburn game.

Eric said...

I hate you got a ticket. I remember one year where I got a ticket right after Christmas and my bonus I got from work had to pay it.

The bride and I will be watching the game with some friends, bring in the new year, and then head home and go to bed!

Have a safe and Happy New Year!!!