Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sorry for the time away

My family has been sick. It started with me last Friday. By the end of the weekend Matthew was sick. Monday morning Jacob was icky then by Monday night Jeremiah was feeling yucky too. Darcy lasted until last night. She's started coughing now too. Jessica seems okay for the time being.

Friday night I worked... I tried to call in sick but he was afraid one person wouldn't be able to handle the dinning room. He said if I'd come in for a little bit he'd let me go around 6:30. Well the other girl didn't show so I had the dinning room alone! I didn't leave until 9:30pm! I was really tired and yucky feeling.

Saturday we had to be at Matthew's Christmas party at 9AM!!! yes I said AM!!! It was at the Trussville Playstation. We left the boys with his parents. We'd figure they wouldn't be able to do anything. Its a good thing we left them b/c Darcy had us all over the place!! She skated for her first time... and didn't fall!!!!! Matthew, me, Jessica and Darcy skated but I quit early b/c my wheel wasn't turning and I'd already traded out my skates once b/c the entire toe was out!!!!! I took pics of them skating. We played Laser tag and stood in line for the go karts but had to get out b/c it was time to eat. They gave away awesome door prizes!!! 2 gift cards for $500... 2 cards for $250 a HUGE flat screen and several other things. Matthew won the power drill.

On our way back home Matthew dropped me off at the other car and Jessica & I headed for the mall. I stood in line for the Wheel of Fortune auditions. It was such a waste of FOUR hours!! It was all very random. We stood in line for a few hours. Then we were handed applications. Then we were forced to move like cattle towards a room. Once in the room they drew 5 names at a time to play a speed round... no wheel just stand up and call out letters. The names they drew were the ones that were actually auditioning. Once their name was called it started their audition. Some people were excited and others showed no energy! I was a little frustrated b/c of about 300 people only 20 names were called out. The rest of us were told we might be picked in a random drawing to come back for a later audition.

Saturday night we crashed early.

Sunday we skipped church that morning b/c we were supposed to go to the church Christmas party that night and knew we couldn't keep the boys out all day. We went to the party around 5. We played dirty santa and I won the cutest little Christmas ornament cookie jar. I threatened everyone so no one stole mine. Matthew won some tools and Jessica came home with a really soft, fuzzy blanket. Some guy stole her pocket knife she'd won. The little ones got goodie bags.

Monday Heather and Michael flew in for Christmas. We ate dinner with the Brocks that night.

Tuesday I took the boys to the doctor. They both now have to have breathing treatments every 4 hours. Its sad. But so far they're doing okay with it. They sit there and just let me give it to them. Its a little mask they have to wear.

Not to much exciting stuff has gone on since then... we've just been resting and getting ready for the holidays.

No comments: