Tuesday, December 11, 2007

just keep swimming

Sometimes I feel like I blog just for me... and then sometimes I just hope that someone actually cares to see whats going on with me.

Jessica and I went Christmas shopping last night. I had a plan. LAST christmas I got a gift card for the mall that I still had some money left on it. A few months back I was at Lane Bryant (the one in alabaster) and I found a sweater that I wanted... well my sister and mother were with me and they both said they didn't like it. So I let them talk me out of getting something I wanted!!!!!! Now let me explain something right here... I NEVER like anything they like so why would I let them tell me not to get something!?!?! who knows! Anyways so I've been wanting to go back and get that sweater but didn't want to spend money on myself during Christmas. Soooooo... last night I went to Lane Bryant to get my sweater... BUT they didn't have it anymore!! I looked over the entire store (which I do not like the new look to the store) but couldn't find it! I couldn't find one thing I liked!!!!!

I ended up buying myself a new purse from sears(i've wanted one for a while now... the last purse I got was a maroon granny lookin purse that Jessica got me 2 christmas' ago... I asked for red and got maroon! Okay... so I got myself a cool new black - NON GRANNY LOOKIN - purse AND i bought Jessica a pair of shoes with my gift card.

Let me tell you about the shoes.... I spotted them on clearance. She needs some dressy black shoes to wear on chapel day. I showed them to her and of course she didn't like them. She's at that age where she doesn't like ANYTHING I pick out!!!!!!! I made her try them on. I really wanted her to get them but I knew as long I liked them it wasn't going to happen.... so I changed my mind ;) I told her nevermind b/c the heal looked to high. She was determined then that she was going to like them. And I was laughing on the inside! She got them and we're both happy! LOL

We also got some Christmas shopping done. Oh... and we ate at the Olive Garden - yummy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good momma daughter day out!!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting please. I love to hear about your kids and all the goings on. Janice

Staci said...

I care. But you know this!

dana said...

I read too... I don't post on the pay blogs though, but I love hearing your family stories.

Vickie said...

I think Lane Bryant looks AMAZING!!!

native-nc said...

So I just want to see your new non granny purse, cause I liked the old maroon one! Picture please.