Thursday, December 06, 2007

A little shocked and A little sick feelin'

I don't even know where to begin. I just found out that ANOTHER friends marriage has ended in divorce. I can name at least 4 couples that have been married as long as or just a little longer than Matthew and I have been that have gotten a divorce. Its sad. What's happening in the homes of these people? I can name even more that I've known over the years thats gotten a divorce or even more couples that are miserable in their marriage. This makes me sick!!!! Do people just give up... is it easier to run from problems then to deal with em? I know there's different stories for each divorce but the bottom line is someone along the way decided it wasn't worth it anymore! WHY!?!

If your marriage is on the rocks then its pretty safe to say your relationship with God isn't too far behind it!!!!!

You need to talk to each other and to God!

You have to be willing to admit your wrongs not just point out all of their wrongs!

Don't keep bringing up the past! Move forward!

Don't be prideful... get HELP!!!!!!!!!! Marriage counseling is a good thing.

1 comment:

native-nc said...

They say that the seventh year is a very hard year in marraiges. You have young kids, and have gotten to know both the great things about your spouse & those things that blinded you when you were 'in love'.

Sam and I have been through many ups & downs. I can honestly say I don't want to go through that again with anyone else.

We CHOOSE to love through the mountains and valleys. Marriage is Hard! And worth the cost.