Monday, December 03, 2007

Mouse trap

We've had a mouse in our house for a few weeks now. I can't remember if I already told you about it or not. For about 3 days in a row it would make an appearance at the same place same time. And for 3 days in a row during nap time you'd hear me knocking things over trying to kill the mouse!!!! I called the pest control man and he set up some sticky traps but no luck. Finally it disappeared for a week. I'd thought the little thing had found its way back outside!

Saturday night after work Matthew and I decided to watch "Wild Hogs" (we didn't finish so don't spoil it for me). During the movie we spotted the mouse! It ran from behind the entertainment center to the tree, under the couch and then under the loveseat! Matthew chased it from place to place while I jumped from safety to safety! We had it cornered under the loveseat and placed the sticky traps around it. He caught it!!!!! Wheeew.... The little thing made so much noise! He asked me what he was supposed to do with it now. I told him to leave it outside to die and then we'd throw it in the outside garbage. He didn't want to kill it!!!!!!!! Can you believe this???? He wanted to get it off the trap! I wasn't very nice at this point. I told him it was a M O U S E !!!! I said if he let it go then it would come right back into the house!!!!! He went outside with it and the next thing I know he's coming back inside fussying! I asked him what he did with it and he said IT BIT HIM! Okay so I'm freaking out now thinking he's going to get some disease and die! I'm screaming at him b/c I'm sooo mad that he would try and pull the thing off the trap!!!!! All I kept thinking was he was going to die from some disease he caught from a mouse!

Thankfully it didn't bite him hard/deep enough to cause any problems. It bit him hard enough to draw some blood but thats about it. The next day you couldn't even see where it had bit him. I teased him but eventually apologized for being so ugly about it. He's a good person... he loves all things :) Even nasty lil ole mouses!

3 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I'm an animal lover, but I would have been doing the same thing as you, Nicole! I hate the thought of one in my house. I don't know if you remember we had one, I guess maybe 2 yrs ago & I got it with gum on a trap. We had tried everything else.

Also, Matt may still want to get a tetanus shot, for good measure.

Eric said...

DIE MICKEY MOUSE! DIE!!!

TOO FUNNY!!!

Staci said...

Chris would have done the same thing... tried to save it. I am not sure what I would have done, they are cute little boogers! LOL.
But if my kids were involved, then who knows... hard to kill anything but a roach or spider in my book!