Friday, March 02, 2007

Much to say

I've been pretty productive today. I've made some much needed phone calls... not to friends but to take care of things I've been putting off. For example... I've scheduled Jessica a orthodonist appointment and I'm waiting to hear back from the regular dentist to schedule a cleaning for the rest of us. I've made many more phone calls but you get the idea of what I've been taking care of.

The other night I had a "moment" where I just needed to get away! So I tried to find someone to go with me but realized I didn't have any friends... or friends that lived close anyways. So I went to Walmart alone and spent 2 hours there. I went down every aisle and repeated some ;) I had Jessica's ipod with me and at times I caught myself singing outloud! LOL I got many looks... but I didn't care. I was in NICOLE MODE! I came home with bags full but only bought myself chapstick, socks and vitamins! And no I didn't buy groceries!!!! LOL

The vitamins I bought are called stress tabs with energy. I've taken them 2 days now and either its in my head or they're really working! I wanted to buy something for weight loss but my husband is very supportive of diet pills so I refrained. Although, when I told him about how I almost bought some he said "whatever makes me feel better" soooooooo I might go back and get some ;) For those of you who don't know me or didn't know years ago I've gained A LOT of weight... when I first met my husband (6 years ago) I weighted 150 and now I'm at 207! I make excuses of why I can't lose the weight but really I'm just lazy! I eat when I'm bored and you'd think with 3 little ones constantly attached to your hip I wouldn't have time to be bored but I snack when they snack! And I don't excersize AT ALL! I take my kids outside and I SIT and watch them play. But I want to change all that so I'm taking baby steps in that direction.

Matthew gets off at noon today so I'm hoping to run some errands. While taking Jessica to school this morning I was listening to Magic 96 (which I do every morning). They had some guy... didn't catch his name... that was at the comedy club tonight and tomorrow night... he was hilarious and not at all crude. I really want to see him. I've been there once for Matthew's work. I'm not even sure if we could get a babysitter but I think it would be fun to go.

Let me clarify... I'm sure we could probably get a babysitter. His parents, my parents or my sister but the thing is we need them soooo much for things that we HAVE to do that I almost feel bad for things we just WANT to do. And I could hire one... if i knew one but I don't know if I trust some teenager to watch my kids. And after you pay for a babysitter than you don't want to spend any money going out!

Does Beth still read my blog? Beth from North Alabama? For some reason I was thinking about her when I was trying to fall asleep last night. Are you out there? Does anyone remember her blog address?

Well I'd better get back to the little ones. Darcy is napping but the boys are in the saucers crying... Barney is over :(

Hope I didn't take too much of your time. Comment please.

OBTW... Did anyone catch survivior last night... love that show! I hope poppa smurf is alright! I can't believe they chose to vote someone out... I thought they were a pretty tight group so I was surprised by them voting out... and then the girl they voted out... shocker! I'm staring not to like Rocky... his mouth is going to get him in trouble! The little asian guy cracks me up!!!!!!! And one more thing... what makes FOX thing we want to dedicate 3 nights to American Idol!?!?!

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

I loved Survivor. I was shocked too that they voted someone off. Hopefully they'll soon tell how Papa Smurf is.

I'm the same way with exercise. I just can't ever get motivated. I've thought about trying that neww kind of pill they have out 'Hoodia" or something like that. Two years ago I was at 135, now I'm around 180. I do the same thing...let the kids play, I sit. I don't have the energy. Probably cuz of my weight :(

Staci said...

Okay I'm not about to have the freedom to post all my weight! If I did you wouldn't believe me anyway. I don't remember the last time I weighed 150 pounds! Maybe like 7th grade? I'm a big girl through and through. I would love to weigh 160 right now, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

I like long post! Especially when you wait over a week to post!

I don't know beth. Sorry

I am against all diet pills, energy pills and all the sorts. I only take prenatal vitamins and that is it. When I was on my strict diet (before Chloe came along) I had to take suppliments for my food, because you don't get a lot, and I hated to take even them! I had like 4 vitamins that I had to have and I was not happy with those! I had a friend who took diet pills and smoked and she had congestive heart failure at 18 years of age! The doctors said it was the pills. She could have died! So you have to be careful. There are many guidelines.

I want to loose weight after this baby comes along. I have a goal in mind. I just hope I can stick to it this time. I Like being active with my kids at church, I enjoy running around with them and playing ball with them, so I hope that doesn't change.

I think if I could sleep better I would have more energy. But sleeping is always an issue with me.

Okay enough of this personal novel crap. LOL

native-nc said...

Hi Hi Hi Hi. That's all I have time for right now but I loved this fun post. Let's not get started about weight lost.....I"m the queen of need when it comes to that one!!!

I'll call you this week. I've got some good news.

native-nc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
native-nc said...

Blogger is having a funk tonight! I couldn't tell that it was working so I pressed the publish three times. At first there was nothing, then three of the same. So I TRIED to delete two but it ask me to sign in AGAIN which I did AGAIN & it still won't work. OH WELL!!!!!!! Love ya!