Monday, March 12, 2007

Birthday Party

The boys birthday party is March 31st. I've already sent out the invitations now I'm just waiting for my RSVP's. I put my phone number and email adress on them but so far I've only gotten one RSVP. I know grandparents and such will be there but I'm not sure about the rest. I took this time to invite some of my extending family b/c they'd been talking about visiting our new house. If everyone shows up its going to be packed! I'm hoping to have everything outside but I don't have a back up plan if it rains! And I forgot to put on the invite to bring lawn chairs.

I was trying really hard to plan but I failed! I did order the boys some CUTE shirts that have 2 twin boys on the front holding ballons that says "double the trouble double the fun guess who's turning one" and it has their names at the bottom. Too cute - I know!

I really don't want to have a 'theme' but I'm kinda lost at what to do. I wanted just to have bright colors and maybe some animals but I can't find anything that isn't related to some cartoon! I guess I'll be making a trip to Party City. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I need to order the cake! But what do I tell them I want???? Oh I need Mel to come help me... she's so creative and organized! Ya know Melanie... maybe you should go into business doing something like event planning! LOL I'd hire ya!

5 comments:

Mel said...

I honestly think I could start a business just for the people who tell me I could make a living off of it.

So the first place I thought of when you were talking about all you wanted was Oriental Trading. They have lots of birthday stuff that is cheap and if you spend a certain amount then you get free shipping. I live 45 mins from their location and I always get my stuff the next day- so fast shipping!!! Check there first.

Find a pic of animals and take it to the cake person- that is all I did for Aidan's veggie tales party OR do bright colored cupcakes with frosted animal crackers for the decoration. Then the one thing I would do if it was me and you did animals was make them individual cakes for them to go nuts in that are animals..like I did for Ky's Curious George party- he had his own monkey head cake to kill. Ok, run with that for now.

Jamie said...

Publix makes some seriously good cakes! Also, they have these little cakes that are shaped like dogs and stuff that are like $3 a piece that I think would make great first birthday cakes. But if you want the more traditional one, they offer a few first birthday cake with the order of a half of a sheet cake.

Jamie said...

Also, we are planning a balloon release at Bryant's birthday. His party is gonna be firetruck themed. So I am getting red, black, and yellow balloons, and gluing or taping on a pic of the firetruck.

Also, there is a Dollar Store off of Valleydale Road in teh same shopping center as the Publix, that has good deals on party stuff. I found a Firetruck Pinata there and wasn't able to find it ANYWHERE else! I also got plates and napkins with firetrucks on them.

dana said...

I will RSVP... really I wish I could be there. I am so not creative so I would go with Jamie or Mel. I seriously need help in the creativity department!!

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest pinatas as well. You woul dnot need to put candy in them since thekids are little yet and woud not be able to hit them to break them, but they come in animal shapes and are colorful. How are you or Matthew at balloon animals? lol. Cupcakes with gummy worms or bears on them? My mom made a circus train cake for me when I was a kid. 3-4 small rectangle cakes out of small loaf pans and frosted & striped with "Bars" and animal crackers for the animals in the "cages".