Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lets See...

where should I begin?

One day last week while carrying Darcy up the stairs I fell... yep I hurt my left knee and right ankle... Darcy was fine. My knee has been bothering me ever since. It seems to be getting worse but I'm too cheap to go to the doctor... and stubborn too. The stairs are killing me!

Yesterday while cutting the grass I ran over something in the front yard... it made a really loud noise but I didn't think much of it UNTIL I made the loop back around and as I got closer to my explorer I realized what had happened... whatever it was that I ran over shot A C R O S S the yard and knocked out my passenger side window. There was tiny pieces of glass all over the place... I felt sick!

I called my insurance agent this morning. Its going to be cheaper for me to pay for it out of my pocket than to file a claim.... $180! It couldn't have been at a more worse time.... i'm leaving Thursday night for Jessica's volleyball tournament in Florence, AL (about 3.5 hours north). I would wait but I don't wanna drive it all the way up there with a garbage bag over the window.

On a more positive note... My parents, my sister and her family came over yesterday for a cook out. We threw a football in the yard while the kids rode bikes. It was a great afternoon to just relax outside.

Oh... Staci will be proud of this... Saturday I woke up and decided I'd visit the gargage sale down the street and then the consignment shop down the rode. At the gargage sale I spent $10... i got Darcy a pair of shoes, an outfit and a little thingy to ride on. I was pretty proud of myself until I got to the consignment shop.... There I spent another $10... but I got waaaaay more. I got one of those little cars that has the handle for the adult to hold on to ($4!!!) then I got Darcy another pair of sandals, a cute little jumper and I got the boys several little button up shirts from Old Navy and baby Gap.... Guess I should have stopped there first.

well thats all for now... leave me a comment if you want me to update otherwise I assume you've all lost interest ;)

6 comments:

dana said...

I am interested!! I love the consignment shops, but it is so hard to shop there when I have the kids. I have an in store credit there, and need to get the kids school clothes so hopefully in the next couple days I can get back over there. I love hearing about the new house, I want to own a house so badly. Glad things are ok (besides your knee, ankle and the window)

prftpeace said...

Don't comment often but check in everyday.

Anonymous said...

Hey it's the only way I can keep up with what's going on down there in Bama!!! Bythe time I get home at night calling would interrupt your dinner time - and time with Matthew. :)

Gretchen said...

Tho you don't know me, I'm a friend of Staci's. I check in often too. I've just been swamped with cleaning up my house and doing homework that sometimes all I have time to do is check in.

Jamie said...

Ummm.... I comment ALL the time on yours, but I would have to go WAAAYYY back to find a comment from you girlfriend! Just an observation! :)

native-nc said...

IT's been a busy week around here. But I haven't lost interest at all!!!!!!!!