Thursday, August 30, 2007

Supernanny

I'm a big fan of the show Supernanny. I have learned a lot of helpful things from that show. Recently I've starting working from home but having to keep an eye on Darcy while getting work done has proved rather difficult. The boys are good about taking long naps but Darcy rarely takes one. She's gotten better since school has started but there are days where I can't get her to lay down for the life of me. So the other night on Supernanny one of the tips she gave was.... If you have to get some work done then you should make a work area near yours so they can be busy too. IT WORKED!!!!!! I set up a desk in the computer room just for Darcy. It has a coffee cup full of crayons just like mommy's desk (although I use pens :) ) stack of papers (ones I was going to trash but they make her feel like a big girl too) and coloring books. She loves it!!!! Sometimes she gets bored but I have to redirect her attention to her 'work' and she's right back to it. She even has a play phone which she's informed me over and over again that it doesn't work - LOL.

Do you watch the show? What have you taken away from it?

2 comments:

Eric said...

I watch it from time to time and what I have gotten from it is that MOST of them children need a beat-down...the older ones that is...But it does give good tips on other things! You definately have to start applying the stuff when they are young. Super Nanny would be proud of you!!! AHHHHHHH!!!

dana said...

I love the show. I have taken away alot of useful things from it. They did a show on ADHD one time and that was the closest I could get for info on dealing with Jesse, I am hoping one day she will help a family with autism so I can stock up on tips.