Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Silly Girl

Last night when we tucked in Darcy she kept asking "wanna lay down with meeee?" We didn't. About five minutes later we hear her coming down the hall. She opens the door and says "I lay in momma's bed!" So we made room for her but she wasn't really ready to go to sleep. She kept playing and we were both tired. She sang. She counted. She hid under the covers. Finally she said "I sleep in Darcy's bed" and she crawled out of the bed. She dropped her cup and couldn't find it. Its pretty dark in our room. She would grab something and say "oh what's this?" followed by "its a shoe!" This went on for a few rounds. She got to the door and pretended she couldn't open it. She finally insisted that "Daddy turn on da lights!" He turned on the lights and she was grinning from ear to ear. She said "night night momma, night night daddy" and out she went. After closing the door she yelled through the bottom of door to "turn off da lights daddy!" She's a mess! We were laughing at her long after she left.
Sometimes when we're trying to discipline her she'll say the cutest things and it makes it sooo hard to follow through. She's been known to spout of things like...
"You hurt my feelings"
"I not wanna spankin! It hurts!"
"don't spank me, puuulease!"
"I don't wanna sit in time out!"
and once she's in time out we hear
"I wanna go night night"
Other sweet things she does is call her brothers "brothers"... its so cute. She also calls them by their name and sometimes actually gets it right. She loves to make them laugh. She loves to love on us. She rubs noses. She loves to tickle her daddy. If someone calls her anything like honey, baby, silly goose, etc. she'll correct them and say "i'm not honey, I'm Darcy!"
Just now she came in here and grabbed something. I said Darcy get back here with that. She responded with "I gotta wook at sompting" (translation- I got to look at something).
She's a HOOT!

1 comment:

native-nc said...

Kids are so awesome!!!! I count my blessing each day, especially on the days that are hard for mommy.