Saturday, August 11, 2007

New Career

My whole family is involved in one way or another in real estate. My dad is an appraiser. My mom does title and closings. My sister works for a real estate agent. I've worked for several different closing attorneys, a mortgage company, real estate office and a few title companies myself. My current employeer is a closing attorney. I feel like I know every side of what goes into buying or selling a home. I've tried to get out of the business but it pulls me back. Its fun. I like it and I feel like all the knowledge I've gained up until now would just be a waste if I left it.

My new job is going great. I have 2 closings set up for this month. 2 is not a lot but considering we're controling how much we do at this point its good enough for me. I've been out of the loop for 3 years and the attorney I'm working for has just gotten involved in real estate. We're moving forward slow until we both feel comfortable. Working from home is different than I thought it would be. I'm working, keeping my house clean, taking care of my kids all at the same time. But I'm not complaining... I'm happy.

No comments: