Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Rain or Shine, Sleet or Snow

Isn't that the slogan for the United States Postal Service???? Well let me tell ya, in the little ole town I live in anything can and will keep my mail from being delivered!

First incident...
Back a few months ago they were doing some paving on my street and had to remove my mailbox one day in order to not knock it over with the machine. The mail lady did not deliver my mail for two days. The first day I called the post office and explained to him why my mail box was down. I told him that I was at home and all she had to do is knock on my door. He told me that it was not her job to hand deliver my mail b/c my mailbox was down. He said they could hold it at the post office and I could pick it up or I could watch for her and get it. Well the next day I saw her coming and went out the front door... SHE FLEW PAST MY MAILBOX WITHOUT EVER SLOWING DOWN!!!! She stopped at the neighbors box and I started walking towards her jeep when she speed off! I caught the attention of one of the men paving the road who was riding one of those little golf cart type thingys and asked him to flag her down... he did :) She came back but wasn't very polite about it. She informed me that I needed to wait for her by my mailbox if I wanted my mail... I was very quick to inform her that I was on my way to my mailbox when she FLEW past it!!

Second incident...
One day during nap time I hear the horn blowing outside my house. I ran out the door thinking something was bad wrong... It was that stupid mail lady laying on her horn!!!! She had a package to deliver and it wouldn't fit in my mail box. I guess I should be glad she delivered it but geez she went waaay above with the horn!!

Third incident...
Which doesn't relate directly to my carrier but to the post office in general. I'm selling stuff on ebay and I've tried to keep it where my auctions are ending at the end of the week so I can get to the post office on Saturday. I had to ship something this past Saturday and made a quick run to the post office around 9:30am only to find they are CLOSED on saturdays! I had already found out the hard way that they take an HOUR lunch break from 12pm till 1pm on the week days and now this!

Fourth and Last incident...
Yesterday I was home ALL DAY LONG. Yesterday afternoon Jessica brings in the mail and there's one of those little slips saying they attempted to deliver a package to me but I wasn't home so now I need to go to the post office to pick it up. BULL CRAP! I was home and NO ONE tried to deliver anything! I called the post office today and asked them to redeliver and that I didn't think anyone had made the attempt yesterday seeing as how I never left my house.

Okay thats enough... sorry for the long rant :)

Does anyone else have any stories about your post office or mail carrier????

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Dannya and his brother use the same post office you use for their business and they are always losing their mail that they are to receive with checks in it. That post office has also been robbed once since they started using it. We have land in that area but I refuse to move there. I'll kept myself here on my mountain side.
We have mail problems too. One day I had no mail in my box, it was all in Crystal's ans she had no mail. It was probably in someone else mailbox.We have also received mail that has been opened with items missed from it. They are also speed-demons!!!

Vickie said...

hahahaha Looks like I need to learn to spell. I called myself proof-reading it before I hit publish but for some reason I didn't see all the mistakes I made.Sorry!!!

Gretchen said...

We are always getting our neighbors mail and for people on different streets. There is one road near us with SIMILIAR spelling to our road's name, but the other roads I can't figure out how in the world they get them mixed up. Like if my street name was Smith~ I'd also get Smooth, but also Wilson. It's that big of a difference. Oh well, maybe one day they'll learn how to give correct customer service~ doubtful, but hopeful :)

Are they affecting your job any? DId know if you picked up the files you needed or they were mailed to you.

~Crystal~ said...

Well, Mom told my story. I have had them leave the little slips saying they tried to leave packages but no one was home & I very well was home. I've also not received magazines that I have subcriptions too or they have come all tore up.

Eric said...

I have been waiting on a package now for two weeks and the USPS tracking says that it has made it to Calera TWICE but for some reason keeps going back to Georgia??? It is probably the Nazi Lady at the post office here...she is crazy!!!