Sunday, April 22, 2007

WHOOO HOOOO

I am glad that is over with! Don't get me wrong we had a blast just hanging out all day and we got some major S U N not to mention we made over $400 total!!!!!!!

Earlier this past week my good friend, Aimee, called me and asked if we could have a yard sale at my house. Her husband her are selling their house and moving into a new house this week. She really needed to unload some junk but wanted to see if she could make some money off of it. Well I had been saving up "stuff" for a yard sale but wasn't really ready to do it yet. I said "sure!" and we threw it together in a few days time. Which I'm sure with most people that would have been plenty of time to do it but with her packing and me at home with 3 small ones... it was tough finding the time.

She made a few trips to my house in the week. My father in law caught wind and he offered to bring some stuff over too.... the best part is that I got to keep the money earned off of his stuff! Finally Friday night we started setting stuff out, hanging clothes and sorting through a bunch of junk. We hung our signs and let me tell ya.... we got honked at as we hung our signs.... those poor young boys didn't realize we were 2 old hags complete with husbands and children! It was dark... i give em that much! Anyways we agreed Friday night that we needed to be start getting the rest of the stuff out by 6am so that we'd be ready at 7am when the gates opened (literally). So at 5:30 Jessica and I are up and eating breakfast.... at 6am we're in the barn getting stuff ready... at 6:30 people are circling my house - NO AIMEE... at 6:45 my gate has cracked open so I send Matthew to close it but before he can get there people are coming in - STILL NO AIMEE... 7am my mom stops by and offers to help. Finally around 7:30 Aimee arrives... by this time we've had a dozen people already come by! Of course I gave her a hard time... its so no like her to be late for anything! One of her boys had messed with the alarm clock and it didn't help that she'd taken some benedryl before going to bed.

We had a GREAT turnout. Between the two of us we have SIX kids so if you were looking for baby stuff you hit the jack pot when you got to our yard sale. We sold almost all of our kids stuff and what was left over we took to the consignment shop in thorsby and she bought the rest of it. Aimee didn't have to take any of her stuff back home... what little stuff we have left over we're going to drop off at the hannah home box down the street. We were satisfied at the end of the day.

The ONLY big baby thing I didn't sell was my Graco travel system stroller. If you know anyone that might need one send em my way. I'm hoping to get as close to $100 if at all possible. I know that seems a lot but its in great shape and very cute :) I think I'm going to adverstise it in the mule trader. If you're around here and you've never picked one of those up you don't know what you're missing! www.muletrader.com

Oh... I almost forgot.... you should always wear sunscreen when you're going to spend the entire day in the sun ;) I'm painfully sunburnt. My nose hurts when it wrinkles!

No comments: