Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Oh Me Oh My

My little girl is growing up and I'm not talking about Darcy. Jessica has turned into a little lady overnight and its pretty scary. She's counting down the days until she can wear makeup. We told her when she turns 12 but I wish we'd told her 14! The sad thing is that all the other kids already wear makeup!

My Aunt brought over some clothes that my cousin, who's a year older than Jessica, had out grown. It was mostly Abercrombie, Hollisters, Rue 21 and American Eagle. Jessica was in heaven. I thought my kid dressed good but apparently not good enough. All the other kids wear Abercrombie and Hollisters... but Jessica wears Old Navy and Justice. She's never complained about her clothes but I feel it coming soon. She has informed me that she doesn't want to shop out of the childrens department any more.

So last night I went online and looked at Abercrombie's site..... they're clearance items are too expensive for me! HA! I looked at ebay and found some cute stuff but I didn't bid on anything.

Someone told me that Factory Connection carried name brands that were cheaper than the store.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

My niece started wearing make-up at age 12 too. But only basic stuff! Maybe you could check Gap and Lerner for clothes too?? They have pretty good clearance stuff! Also, I love going to Kohl's and shopping for all my nieces, who say that I always get them cool things (either that or they are just being nice!).

Beth said...

I know what you mean about how expensive clothes are. Mine are always hollering they want this or that and I just simply can't afford it. I don't mind shopping around for a bargain, but with three girls, they get out of hand.LOL

If you find a place let me know!!

amyelizabeth said...

factory connection does carry abercrombie and other name brands for crazy cheap. you should check there when she grows out of morgan's old clothes.

i just keep thinking that when i was her age i was a big nerd. chubby, wearing matt and michael's old clothes, my first pair of glasses (turquise green and purple marble style frames!), i got a perm in the 6th grade... it was bad news! :) jessica will be fine. she's a lovely young lady with a lot of character and great parents.

Staci said...

I think its okay for 12 year olds to wear make up- if they are taught HOW to wear it. It helps them feel more comfortable with all the changes that go on in their bodies. Its sad when their bodies are saying "Im a women" and yet they feel like a little girl when they look at their face. Anyway- I started pretty young- maybe 6th grade or maybe 7th, but either way my mom had a Mary Kay lady come over and we did a party at our house. It was great, and fun. I learned how to obtain the NATURAL look and more importantly how to take care of my skin on a daily basis. They taught us that natural beauty was the best and that less is more... i was so proud to go to school wearing my new look and no one made fun of me or said anything rude- everyone thought it was 'pretty'- I was so happy.

So anyway- that's my two cents worth! Hope it helps some!