Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Day So Far

It's 10 am and I'm pretty sleepy. Last night was a crazy night. We got everyone down around 9 something. Then Matthew and I took a shower. Once we got in bed Matthew told me that he didn't want me to worry but he felt like he was coming down with something - yippee! I thought he was just tired... he never tells me when he's feeling bad. He said his throat was hurting and he just felt 'bad.' At some point not too long after we laid down, one of the boys woke up for some TLC. After I got him settled down and back in bed Darcy woke up! I tried laying her back down but a few minutes later she was screaming. So we brought her to our bed. She wouldn't stop crying/screaming. We had no idea what was wrong. We undressed her and checked her out... changed her diaper... filled her cup up... hugged her.... sang to her but nothing was working. We'd never seen her like this before... we both felt so helpless. FINALLY we got her calmed down.... and then the other brother woke up. It was pretty much back and forth like this all night. Darcy would wake up screaming crying and we'd have to work hard to get her to calm down... and then as soon as she'd calm down her brother's would take turn waking up. I honestly didn't close my eyes for more than 5 minutes until well after 3am. The boys woke up around 4:30 but Matthew took care of them b/c he was getting ready for work. I slept this morning... until around 8am. I thought that since she woke up so much last night that she'd sleep in this morning... not the case. And the boys are up as well. Right now one is in the crib and the other in the bassinett... both awake and moving around.

We think Darcy may be trying to get sick on us. She's not running a fever but if she's like her dad she won't. He rarely runs a fever when he's sick and if he does then he's really sick! Just say a prayer for us today.

1 comment:

native-nc said...

Anyone feeling better today???