Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Just checking In

hi everyone! sorry, i've been a little busy :) everything and everyone is alright.... we're just trying to adjust to our new little ones and their schedules. i'm so grateful that i have matthew here with me this week but i'm scared to death of being alone next week. so far he's let me sleep at night while he takes care of the boys... and darcy (who wakes up at least once a night). he makes it look so easy but the thought of having to take care of them all by myself makes me nervous. i'm don't know how other mom's do it. i have the best husband in the whole world!!!!

darcy likes the boys... she's always giving them kisses (i'll have to capture one with the camera). today I let her "hold" jeremiah and then she wouldn't let me take him back! She hasn't really shown any signs of jealousy... which we've been pretty good about making sure we spend some alone time with her.... same with Jessica. They only thing we're having any 'trouble' with is her climbing onto the changing table... or chewing on their bottles.

Jessica has a favorite... she like Jacob... not sure why but she's always wanting to hold him. i told her she couldn't have a favorite. Jacob is the runt... maybe thats why she likes him... cause he's itty bitty compared to Jeremiah.

oh let me tell you about last night.... we couldn't get them to sleep... we'd put them down and then one would lose its passy and then the other would wake up too. so finally we put them in their carseats b/c the other day when we visited my parents they really seemed to like it. Jacob went right to sleep but Jeremiah still wasn't content. So we put him in the bouncy... but he still was fussy... finally when I turned the lamp back on he calmed down... so we ended up sleeping with the lamp on all night!!!!!! Jeremiah ended up sleeping from 10:30pm till 7am! jacob woke up at 3am and again at 5:30am and then they both were up at 10am. But I slept through Jacob's feeding. I never heard em... i'm a little worried that I won't hear them. But maybe its just for now... while my body catches up on some rest.... hope so.

I'm not supposed to do any activities for 6 weeks. Some of the ones i'm having the hardest time with are....
1. no stairs - Hello! I live in the basement! The kitchen is upstairs! But so far matthew has been my legs... which isn't so different than before b/c I didn't go up them much towards the end... but last night i went upstairs to eat and i realized why i shouldn't climb stairs... it hurts so bad to use my stomach muscles.
2. no lifting anything over 15-20lbs... um darcy weights 22lbs! but again, i know why i'm not supposed too... when i lift her i can feel my tummy burn all the way across and it hurts!!!
3. no driving... that sucks! i have three kids... i would like to be able to meet friends at the park... but it looks like i'll have to wait.
4. no bath... yikes... i got to where i really enjoyed stuffing myself in the little tub but i guess until my incession heals all the way i'll be taking showers!
and the BIGGIE # 5... no SEX for SIX WEEKS!!!!!! um... hello need i say more! but we really don't need to find ourselves pregnant again so until everything heals and i go back for my check up and get some BC i'll be refraining... well for as long as we can anyways.

2 comments:

dana said...

Don't worry, you will heal faster than you think. When I had Jesse they told me not to lift more than 10 lbs. Jesse weighed 10.06 so they told me to sit down and hold him, maybe you could try that with Darcy. They told me the no sex thing too, and when I went back to get my staples out, one week later, they put me on birth control and said to start taking it. I was like why, you said no sex for 6 weeks, isn't that the best kind of birth control? So you guys are having an easier time telling them apart? Are they identical? Good to see the update.

native-nc said...

Thanks for the info. that answered alot of questions that I've been thinking about. It's great that Mathew is there..what a great daddy & husband!!! Love you guys!!!