Thursday, November 10, 2005

nothing new

just wanted everyone to know i was still here... i'm hoping (cross your fingers) that Matthew will hook up our internet tomorrow. He's off again tomorrow thru Sunday :) I'm so looking forward to having him home all weekend!

Tomorrow we'll probably spend the day running errands getting ready for Darcy's party.

Tomorrow night we're going to see Nickle creek... a country/folk band that matthew likes.... it was our christmas present from his sister. His parents are watching the girls.

Saturday is Darcy's FIRST b'day party!!!!!! and I don't have anything planned beyond saturday afternoon. Hopefully we can just chill!

Jessica's out of school tomorrow for Veterans Day... maybe we can find time to do something fun while running errands.

My Health -
Well I had the ultrasound thingy on my heart last week... it showed that just about every other heart beat was a skipped beat... yippee! I can't actually feel the skipped beats but that day (like today) I wasn't feeling so hot... it was like I had/have a tightness in my chest that won't go away. At the end of the ultrasound I talked the lady into (not much talking into... she was way thrilled) to head south with the thingy to see if we could see the babies.... WE COULD!!!!! It was soooo neat! One of them was laying there with their legs spread wide open... in other words you could tell if she/he was a boy or girl. Either it was there or it wasn't! The other one you couldn't really see... modest child i guess. The view was more like we were looking from the side. We have our real ultrasound scheduled for next tuesday... the 15th. We'll find out for sure their sexes then.... and maybe share them with you :)

Darcy -
Well... for some reason.... every since we've moved in here she's not sleep well. She wakes up during the night and early mornings... we've tried everything.... last night we were at the end of our rope... after some serious praying (i'm talking about laying hands on her and praying in her room) we were able to put her down... she slept fine... UNTIL matthew's alarm went off again this morning... he had already gotten up but instead of turning it off he hit snooze... by the time we got it turned off she had waken up! We gave her a bottle, changed her diaper and put her right back down with no problems... after that she slept till 10:30!!! She's actually down for her afternoon nap right now.

Jessica -
Jessica is struggling in school for the first time this year... not sure if its her or her teacher... He's new this year and so far hasn't been very good at communicating with the parents. We've had several 'projects' this year and NONE of them had any written instructions. So Matt and I have to talk to Jessica about taking notes... I don't remember taking notes until i was in the 7th grade! We've also got a system going... on certain days she has to bring home certain books so we can see what she's learning in that subject.... we also make her read the chapters and define words... it seems to be helping so far.
Jessica hasn't heard from her daddy since before Halloween... what a loser! I emailed him yesterday to let him know our phone was hooked up again and to give him the address here... he replied back and asked me to have jessica calll him. This bothers me... why not call her yourself?????????? She tried calling him but no answer.... we'll see if he tries calling her. We go back to court on Nov 22. Apparently the judge gave me an increase in child support but he's fighting it for a decrease... so we'll be back in court to fight this out... i'm not looking forward to getting on the stand in front of a room full of people but I feel like the odds are in my favor... He really made himself look bad last time b/c he lied about income and was later caught.

My Mom -
Haven't heard anything else about her whole in her head LOL... sorry it might not be so funny to you guys. But in the meantime she had a mammagram that showed something so that called her back for an ultrasound... they are now saying she might have to have a biopsy but haven't heard about that either.

THE INLAWS -
um... where to begin... lol! well like I said above Darcy's having her first birthday party on Saturday but my MIL has informed me that she's not going to be there b/c she has a baby shower to attend... I'M DEAD SERIOUS! It's a cousin of Matthew's... I've met her once.... I'm sending a gift... I think she'll understand. But not Mrs. B... 'she can't just tell her family to take a hike'... Matthew said it was more of his grandfather making a big deal out of it... something about Mrs. b not doing anything with the family and me having it on the day of the shower but i'm afraid I don't really care anymore. Things that I've realized.... but not bitter over... just simply pointing them out...
1. My sister had a baby shower for me at her house... the brocks said they were going to have one for me with their side of the family... well days to the shower (the one my sister was giving me) mrs. b tells me that I need to just invite them to my sisters shower b/c they werent' going to give me one... i told her the invitations had already been mailed so she needed just to call them about it... well she didn't! So none of their side of the family came to the shower. THEN... they tried to throw one together for us at his grandmothers house.... no one showed up but US!
2. If they are really bummed out b/c they can't attend Darcy's birthday party... then where in the heck have they been for the last 5 years of Jessica's life????? HELLO! They've not attended anything regarding jessica... no soccer games, no cheerleading events... NOT ONE BIRTHDAY PARTY!

okay... enough... this has turned into ONE Really long whinny post... sorry... i gotta go pick up jessica and zachery anyways.

I should have titled this post My many complaints :)

3 comments:

dana said...

Hey Nicole, it must be so cool to see 2 babies in there, I couldn't imagine. I am excited for you. I don't know if I could handle twins, my 2 at 19 months apart are hard enough. I am sorry about your in-laws, sounds like a tense situation, I will keep you in prayer. My sister jokes about when she gets married she is going to marry an orphan so she won't have any in-laws. Write when you get a chance. I started a blog too, and hopefully will figure it out soon. take care

~Crystal~ said...

I can't believe she isn't coming to her first bday party...What's her deal?

Glad you posted. :)

Jamie said...

Hey, we like it!! Keep it up if you can! And you so better post the sex of your children!! I will hunt you down and torture it out of you! You know... keep pickles out of your reach, etc. :) We had a similar situation with Tres's first birthday. My brother and his wife decided that instead of coming to his party, to go to the beach on a spur of the moment thing. Hank is still upset about it, and even says I can't take the boys to Tyler's first bday. Anyway, that won't happen of course, because I am not my brother. Okay, am I rambling... ummm...yes!