Saturday, November 19, 2005

A New Do

I got my hair cut today and I must say its pretty darn cute... I'd take a picture of it and post it except for my mother borrowed my camera to take to Auburn. So you'll have to wait :)

Matthew and I also managed to get some Christmas shopping done today. Yeah we went during the 'game' and it wasn't too crowded. Ran into the 'pretty organ lady'... wasn't sure if she'd remember me but just as I asked she chuckled and said she reads my blog. funny and flattering all at the same time. When we first started attending Kingwood (probably 12 years ago) I would stare at her and think how beautiful she was... her skin was and is smooth as silk. I didn't know her name back then so I'd always refer to her as the pretty organ lady. Can you guess who I'm talking about? Careful we might make her blush ;)

After we left the mall I was forced to eat at the Olive Garden (yeah right! - forced my butt). It was delicious but afterwards I felt guilty... we could have spent that $30 on more Christmas presents for our family... oh well... too late now.

We came home but I left again.... went to sit with Lisa at the Hospital. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. She's not in ICU anymore but its not a regular room either. She's behind closed doors and the nurses check in on her every 15 minutes or so. She was in and out of it the whole time I was there... only waking up long enough to ask for ice chips. She's in a room with another lady... an older one... her name is Maple. She was hollering for someone so I asked her if I could get her something... WRONG... b/c after that every time i'd sit back down she'd call for me again. It really didn't bother me too much. She was very sweet. It reminded me of when we'd visit the nursing home while I was in Master's Commision.

Jessica and Matthew are watching Pirates of the Carribean.... good movie... i've already seen it. jessica's been begging us to let her watch it. We watched Madagascar last night... soooo stinkin cute! Matt and I are supposed to go see I Walk the Line tomorrow after church... its the Johnny Cash movie. Matt's been wanting to see if since they started making it. I've heard its a really long movie... not sure how well I'll be able to sit that long. We'll see. Well thats all for now. Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Janice Sparks is the only 'Pretty Organ Lady' I know!!!

~Crystal~ said...

Yep I would agree....It's Janice!

I want to see 'Walk the Line.' Let me know how it is.

I'm praying for Lisa. Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Nicole,That makes me feel so special,warms my heart and yes "I'm flattered too" that a young person even noticed. Thank you. You were a teen then.WOW...You have a beautiful family and I'm happy for you and the twin boys that are coming.

Since I saw you at Parisian Petites
I'll just sign my name this time as.....
(is this unique or stupid)? ....Paris Lady.....