Saturday, March 26, 2005

UM

I guess I'd better get on the ball with this whole blogger thing. Sorry

Okay... so I'm one of the leaders at this thing called Celebrate Recovery. It's a group of people who meet every Thursday night. Most of them have an alcohol or drug addiction problem.... Some are there b/c they have to be (court ordered) and others are there b/c they want to be. Well, this past Thursday night I had to give me testimony. I had to share for 40 minutes!!! Ya know being in MC's I had to give my testimony but normally it was in a 2 minute time period. I was so nervous. I didn't want anyone to think I was glorify my past sins or that I was trying to make things sound worse than they really were or that I could relate to their addictions. I just wanted them to know I was without the Lord and until I accepted him in my life I was just as miserable as them. It went really well. I was so afraid people would think it was a Nicole thing and not a God thing. But they got the message and people prayed for change.... now this is a christian based program but most of them do not have a relationship with the Lord so to say people prayed for change... That's big!!! People came forward and asked for Prayer. I was so relieved afterwards. I'm glad its over.

Today at 2 I'm supposed to take the girls to the Easter Egg Hunt at the church but Thunderstorms are supposed to be arriving at 1pm.... I guess Stackie sent them our way.... pray it holds off a little while longer.

WASP!!!!! Yikes they are everywhere!! Yesterday I seriously had to pray that they would leave Darcy and I alone so we could get to the car. There were probably a dozen off them between our back door and my explorer! I bought some spray last night and Matthew walked on the roof banging the gutters trying to find out where they were coming from but no luck... so when he gets home today I'm going to send him out again... I got stung last summer twice in one week!!! Ouch!

Michael and Heather are back from their Honeymoon... they had a blast!!! He leaves Sunday (tomorrow) for training and will not be home for 14 weeks.... I'm really sad for Heather. It's going to be hard. She had to move into the Brocks basement so save money.... that's really going to be a blast! NOT! I wish I had room for her here.... poor thing.

Yesterday Jessica went fishing with Papa D (matt's dad) and when they got back he called Matthew to see if we wanted to eat dinner (the fish) over there.... Matt said no. Well when I went by there to pick up Jessica he asked me if we wanted to come over there.... I told him I needed to check with Matthew. So when I came home I told Matthew he had asked me but I told him I'd have to check with you (matt) first... Matthew said WHY?! Why would he ask me and I tell him know then he go to you and ask you? I said I dunno hunny (see i didn't know he'd ask Matthew). I really think they like putting us against each other. Instead of asking both of us why can't they just accept that in times like those we speak for each other! We ended up going over there anyways b/c when Matt called to tell him No his dad said "well i just put some chicken fingers in the fryer for Nicole and Jessica" so Matt said fine... I guess will come then. Well we go and eat dinner and you'd think they'd wanna visit with there grandkids but as soon as we were done eating his dad starting messing with something and his mom disappeared to the book room.

Okay I gotta go... someone's getting sleepy. I just looked over at miss darcy and she's on her tummy in the floor with her butt in the air sucking her thumb with her eyes half closed. Gotta get that baby and love on her!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Thank you for catching us up!

~Crystal~ said...

Ditto that!