Monday, March 22, 2010

Come & Gone

I had a list of things I really needed to accomplish while out for Spring Break but I didn't get them done. I took on a PT temporary job with my dad's office that has turned into something more. I enjoy the opportunity to make the extra cash but its hard to go back to work after being a SAHM for 5 years... and its even harder when you're working for your dad :)

Matthew also finished up his job at the campus. He's been working less than 15 minutes from home for a while now (maybe 2 years?). I had gotten very used to it. We all had. Today he started at the new place... its in Trussville/Roebuck. Its a long drive... more like an hour and 15 minutes :( This is only temporary. They have 2 weeks of work to do there and then he'll be moved somewhere else but the 'else' part is where we have no clue. No more lunches with my hubby... or just running into him on my way to class. I'm feeling a little down about it. Now we'll only see each other in passing on the nights I have school. And the other 3 nights he'll be getting home much later than usual. But before you all go off on me let me just say... I know it could be worse! I have a dear friend whose hubby works in another state during the week.... I have another friends whose hubby's a fireman and spends every 3rd night away from home... my sister in law is about to send her hubby overseas for 18 months. I get it! It could be worse. But it doesn't change the way I feel.

Lets end this on a positive note :) My sister in law, Amy, had her baby last Tuesday. Flannery is her name... she weighted 9lbs 2oz. She's very cute. All is doing well.

4 comments:

Eric said...

Flannery is a new name to me! It is different but I like it. Where did they come up with that name for her?

Nicole said...

Flannery is from Flannery O'Connor a southern writer that Amy (mom) really likes. I like the name... but then again I named my child Darcy :) Different is good!

~Crystal~ said...

I like Flannery too! It's also Irish. I'm all about different names.

Denise said...

Flannery is an interesting name. About your poor friend(s) who don't even have a hubby!!1 lol! :)