Friday, July 03, 2009

Productive Weekend... but still relaxing

Matthew and his dad worked on the house today. They didn't finish but it should all be done by the end of the weekend. We're getting our new roof next week so we need to finish all the painting before the roof goes on.

I painted our picnic table with $10 oops paint from the local building supply store. Its green but not shade that I care for... but its okay. I really wanted to paint it like a neon color or hot pink... something wild and bright. I might go back and repaint it but I just needed to get something on it b/c its already warping.

Jessica's bf was able to come over today and spend the day with us. He's a very polite kid.... atleast around us.

Tomorrow we're grilling out with the family. Everyone is coming here and we're going to let the kids play in the pool while the adults just chill. Well matthew and his dad won't be chilling... they'll be working on the house :)

At some point this weekend I have to take my midterm for my new testament class. I have to do it before midnight on sunday.

I'm really enjoying our weekend so far. Last night Matthew and I watched Stop Loss... great movie but I cried the entire way through it... AND cried myself to sleep! I don't cry over chick flicks (much) but give me a movie about military and I'll cry everytime! I think its easy for most american's to forget about whats going on over seas but that movie really made me stop and think... and pray! I prayed hard for our military last night. Soooooo don't get all caught up in the fireworks and food over the fourth but remember why we're celebrating and for all the troops and their families.

2 comments:

Eric said...

we went through your hometown on Saturday on our way to Clanton. We honked the horn...hope you heard it!!! :)

Jamie said...

I know home improvements can be stressful, but don't they make you feel so good!