Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My little guys and the burnt out mom

First a short something about the boys :
This applies to both of them. When they don't want something or to do something they say "I can't wanna____" its the cutest thing ever :)

Now moving on to the Burnt Out Mom:
I've lost my mom of the year award :( The last few weeks have been really stressful. I realize as a parent that my kids are bored and that they don't desire to sit and chill like myself. I know that I need to pick my battles. I know as kids they get into things and disobey but my job as a parent is to deal with those things in a godly way. I catch myself feeling guilty for the way I've acted towards them but I continue to do the same things. I'm in a rut. One of our good friends gave me a book called parenting for the burnt out parent... I really wish I could find it right about now! I read on Staci's blog the other day about yelling (she had no idea what I'd been going through) and it made me feel guilty all over again. One amazing thing about kids is they have that same sort of unconditional love that Jesus shows up.... or so it seems. Even after losing my temper my kids still want to rub noses with me and give me all their kisses.

Tonight in class we watched a video about a child who suffered from a mental disorder and I began to tear up. I'm so grateful for my kids. They are beautiful, healthy and smart kids. I tell them all the time that they make my heart grow bigger... its amazing how much love you can have for your children. I have a lump in my throat right now just thinking about it. They are precious gifts from God!

I refuse to stay in this rut!

2 comments:

Eric said...

They know you are a great MOM and that you have not lost your Mother of the year award! You will find a way to change things up and get out of the rut! The first step to recovery is to "admit" that you have a problem. :)

native-nc said...

Now that you can breath easier & sleep today should be better!! Have an awesome day!