Friday, January 14, 2011

I was dying!

I can't remember if I've posted about my *issues* here or not... but I have some gastric issues. I've been dealing with it for several years now but recently I've been experiencing a change in my symptoms. Now instead of what the doctor calls "dumping syndrome" I've been experiencing horrible pressure in my upper abdomen. I've been doing alka seltzer for the pain (cause it makes me burp) but it doesn't really help. I've had to drink it as many as 3x a day. These symptoms have been going on for about 3 weeks now. The *episode's* last for about 20 minutes. The pain is really severe (like get naked kinda pain). Last night I had an episode that wouldn't let up. It kept getting worse and worse so finally after about 40 minutes of experiencing the WORST.PAIN.IN.MY.LIFE. I decided it was time to call a professional... Jessica's grandmother (she's a nurse). She said GO TO THE ER! During this episode I was in so much pain that I couldn't even talk (imagine that)! I cried, threw up and basically locked myself in the bathroom to suffer. I gave in and decided it was time to go to the ER (jessica had to get me dressed) and off we went. Well we got about 10 minutes down the road and the pain was gone. We came back home and I've made myself an appointment for next monday. I think its safe to say that I scared my hubby and Jessica.... but I'm okay!

4 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Oh my gracious! Keep us updated on what is going on.

P.S. I have never felt the need to get naked when in severe pain. ;)

Denise said...

I do hope you find out what it is so you don't have to keep having pain!

Jamie said...

I have no idea what 'get naked' kind of pain is... please enlighten me!

Staci said...

Yeah- I'm with these ladies- what is Get naked kind of pain? LOL.

So what is the news on this issue? What did Jessica's gmaw say it could be?

Heck you are nursing student what do you think it is?