Friday, June 04, 2010

Summer Time fun

The girls just got back from their annual "Girls" trip with my mom. This year they went to Helen, Ga. Darcy's favorite part was the hot tub... its like her own personal pool (don't worry they don't turn on the heat). They went putt-putting, painted pottery, shopped and just relaxed.

While they were gone I was determined to spend some fun time with my boys. We ended up staying home for Memorial Day which kinda made me sad b/c I'm used to grilling out with family but fam did their own thing. Looking back I wish we would have put up the tent in the back yard and camped with the boys - oh well. We had a great week.... we played and stayed up watching movies with them at night. We made smoothies and took a few trips to the store.

I got my paperwork for the new job. I had to have a drug screening and a TB skin test. All I will say is someone should have warned me!

Wednesday the boys and I spent the day with Jamie and her kids. We swam and had a great time. Her boys were supper sweet to my boys (I was a little nervous that her boys would be annoyed by my boys since they're so much older). Oh and the best part was I told my boys that Sophie was "Princess Sophie" so thats what they called her all day!!!! LOVED IT! She's a mess. A cute mess though! Thanks Jamie for having us over ;)

I'm playing church softball - first time in over a decade! LOL wow that sounds really crazy! I had my first game last night. I scored the only run! Well I didn't actually run it though. I just hit the ball and then they let Jessica run for me. Normally when you play catcher you get a runner (although I think last night they let everyone who wanted one have one). And catching is so much harder on me now that I'm 13 years older!

Well thats all for now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so they turn *on the heat :-)

Jamie said...

Girl! It was our pleasure to have you guys over to swim. And I could've set your mind at ease before you came about my boys. They have younger cousins so they know all about playing well and fair! Plus, I would've beat 'em good if they weren't nice! ;) Thank you for taking the time to come over. It really meant a lot to me! And I expect to see you taking advantage of my hospitality soon! :)

Staci said...

Oh I love HELEN it's a wonderful place. It's only 3.5 hours from here- I could have joined them with my girl :-) Anyway- That is so cool that they do these trips. I hope my mom will do that one day.

Camping does sound fun- in the back yard.

TB TEST- I would have warned you- but then I would have seemed like a baby! I've had two of them and they are terrible. The last one left a mark for 2 months!!! But after the chest x-ray came out clear I was okay with the mark on my arm.

Girl I admire you for playing ball. I would like to TRY, but Lord knows I'd not make my family proud! I'd be embarrased for them to seem me even try!