Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween

I'm waiting for my MIL to send over pictures... I'll post them asap!

Here's a recap of our night :)

I made 2 huge pots of Chicken-n-dumplins and all the grandparents came over. Darcy was the only one with a costume. The boys are too little and Jessica is too big :) I bought Darcy's a while back b/c she loves to dress up. We put the boys in their cute little pumpkins shirts and pulled them in the wagon. Then we (matthew, me, darcy, the boys, and his parents) walked around our little loop. I think about 5 houses were actually passing out candy but that was PLENTY for Darcy. I think she had more fun opening our door and seeing who was dressed up as what.

Next year I'm thinking of making a sign that says something like this....

DO NOT KNOCK ON OUR DOOR IF...

*YOU ARE NOT DRESSED UP

*YOU ARE DRESSED UP AS SOMETHING SCARY

*YOU ARE AN ADULT WITHOUT A CHILD

My inlaws brought candy to pass out. I had told them to bring a lot b/c we had a lot of trick or treaters... well I think they were surprised at the amount of people that came to our door! There's not many 'neighborhoods' around here so all the kids pile up in pick up trucks and storm the few neighborhoods that are here. We even saw a few 'hay rides' passing through letting kids get candy.

1 comment:

native-nc said...

The boys look more like Matthew with their hair cut. They're really growing up fast!