Thursday, December 07, 2006

O Christmas Tree

My poor tree has been through a lot this year. We really thought if we threatened Darcy enough she'd finally leave the tree alone.... not so. First we had to decorate the tree half way down with all the 'good' ornaments... then we left the bottom half with the not so breakable ones. She's managed to break the non breakable ones and what she hasn't broken she's rearranged or hidden them.

This morning after breakfast I vacuumed the floor and put the boys back in their saucers... I almost put them in the floor but decided against it for the time being.... It must have been God b/c about a minute and half after deciding to leave them in their saucers Darcy pulled the entire tree down on top of her! It missed the boys by inches but had they'd been in the floor they might have forever been scarred by our Christmas tree attacking them. Darcy was fine... just scared. My tree.... well its smushed and what ornaments that she hadn't previously broken are now broken! I wanted to cry but I remained calm. I thought about taking it down completely but I realized I was just angry and maybe... just maybe after pulling the tree down on top of her she might not mess with it again. I'll let you know ;)

so thats my morning so far.... they're all taking naps at the moment. after nap time I'll get them all bathed and dressed so we can be at Jessica's bball game by 4.

2 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Oh no! Your poor tree & the ornaments! Maybe you can get a smaller tree & put in on a table or something, maybe on top of your TV cabinet, that way no one can get to it.

Mel said...

I guess if she touches it anymore you can tell her the tree will try to eat her again if she doesnt leave it alone.....then just explain her terror when she is 16.