Wednesday, December 20, 2006

All kinds of stuff...

Some questions that I never answered:

How's my friend Lisa doing?
She's much better. Her near death experience was eye opening for her. She still struggles with some health problems and always will but she's not on her death bed.

How's my friend Rocky doing?
Rocky will always be sick. At times his disease is worse than others. Spending weeks in the hospital is a normal thing for him. But the older he gets the scarier it is for him. He thinks "is this it" often.

Did I get the toddler beds from freecycle?
NOPE! I emailed the lady saying I wanted them... she emailed me back saying I could have them. I emailed her asking where she lived and when could I pick them up. The next day she reposted them on freecycle saying no one ever picked them up. I sent her another email saying I was waiting for her to give me directions. She emailed me back in ALL CAPS and said I ONLY HAVE ONE LEFT IF YOU STILL WANT IT - FINE!... I emailed her back and said "no thanks... sorry for the confusion"

How's my mom?
Well I know its been a while since I posted about her having brain surgery... she had it and she recovered. I have no idea if whatever caused her to have the surgery in the first place is fixed or not. My parents keep to themselves their health problems. I assume everything is okay.

What did we do about our carpet?
Nothing! We decided not to file a claim b/c the carpet can be replaced for less than our deductable. We haven't replaced it yet b/c we don't have the money. There's a huge chunk of carpet missing in our hallway. The nook just before you walk into our laundry room is completely ripped up and a little section is missing in the laundry room. We're hoping to tile the laundry room and nook. Hopefully we can replace the hallway with hardwood floor. We plan on ripping up the carpet in the living room and replacing it with hardwood floor after we get our income tax return.

Pig or Dog?
neither at this time. Pigs are not small. There's no such thing as a mini pig. Its a starved pig! And I don't want to get a dog until after we put up a fence b/c if the funds don't come through I do not want to be stuck with a dog INSIDE!

What happened with Old Navy?
Well the whole point of me getting a part time job was for me to get out of the house and make some extra money. I actually said "if we could make an extra $100 a week that would be wonderful!" Well that very next pay day matthew's check was $100 more! We had changed our dependants and it made a difference. Instead of saying "wow, God answered my prayers!" I got greedy and said "wow, now we can have $200 extra a week!" I continued to pursue Old Navy... I called them 3 days after I filled out my application. I was told to call back in an hour... I called back in an hour and I was told to call back the next day. ((( all i was trying to find out is if they'd gotten my application --- I'd did in online)))) So I called back the next day and was told someone would call me back in a few weeks. I was pretty frustrated b/c I didn't understand what was so complicated about getting a job at Old Navy! I called back a week later and was told to call back in a hour... I did and then I was told someone would call me back the next day... they never called. Now instead of realizing that during all this time I was praying... God was trying to close this door but I was deteremined to open it. Then finally it hit me so I stepped away. HOWEVER.... We are exploring the possibilities of me getting a part time job so that we can get our savings back on track... maybe the reason I didn't get a job before is b/c during the holidays you work like crazy and I'd be away from my family... we'll see :)

If there's anything else I left unanswered just let me know and i'll try and follow up ;)

No comments: