Saturday, July 03, 2010

Happy 4th of July

I know I'm a day early but we won't be here tomorrow... heading to my grandparents house for a family cookout and swimming. This 4th will be an especially emotional 4th because Michael is serving overseas. I always seem to get overly emotional hearing all the patriotic songs and such bu this year... its different.

I worked 40 hours last week - FORTY! Did I mention I'm parttime? LOL I'm not really complaining b/c I appreciate the paycheck but its hard being away from my family so much. I worked 12pm till 8pm Tuesday thru Friday and worked last Sunday evening too. I'll be working 40 hours this upcoming week too.

Last night we attempted to camp out. It started off great. We shot a few fireworks and then around 9pm we headed inside the tent to settle down. I'd been at work up until 8pm so I thought he'd gotten everything taken care of. He didn't have enough blankets - I know what your thinking but it does get cool in the wee hours! So I sent him back inside for blankets, a small fan and bugspray. 15 mins later he hadn't returned so I went looking for him. He wandering around outside and when I asked him what he was doing he told me..... we were locked out! I tried not to get excited but I could feel the panic attack coming on. He'd checked all the windows and was trying to break in the back door but didn't have anything to use. I had my cell phone with me and was ready to call for backup when he was able to get in through an open window. We got everything we needed and headed back outside. We were up by 7:30am.

I had a phone call in the middle of this post so I've lost my train of thought - sorry!

No comments: