Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Overwhelmed

I am trying to stay positive about school. But I start back on Aug 16th and I got my list of stuff to buy before then and I'm freaking out. I've got 6 textbooks to buy, a lab coat, scrubs, stethoscope, nursing shoes, a nursing kit and pay to get my vaccinations done again or have a test done to show that I've had them (my momma didn't keep my records and I've tried other ways to get them without any success). I am thankful for my job that is provided some sort of income but its not going to pay for all that crap!

Speaking of my new job... I have no idea what my work schedule is going to be like once I start school. I'll be attending school 4 days a week. 2 of those days I'll be there from 8am till 3pm and the other 2 days I'll have a 2 hour lab somewhere in the middle of the day. Which leaves me able to work Fri, Sat and Sun. I have no idea how wiling my boss is going to be with working with my schedule. I realize that so many people work full time job and go to school full time but I don't know how they do that with a family and allow time to study also. I'd appreciate some major prayers! I'm feeling slighly overwhelmed.

On a positive note let me share with you this story....
We had made plans back in the beginning of the year to go to the beach with my sister and her family. As we got closer and closer to the summer we realized we didn't have the money to go and needed a way out without causing hardship to my sister and her family. We prayed that God would provide us a way out.

First the oil spill happened - no I'm not saying he allowed this to happen so we didn't have to go to the beach. So when the oil spilled happened we discussed with my sister the incident and how it might effect us. She didn't seem to think it would e/affect us. So we felt stuck.

Then I got word from my boss that I had some training that was scheduled while I was supposed to be at the beach. I didn't HAVE to take it then but if I didn't then I'd have to miss 4 days of school to get the training done. Well thats not acceptable in nursing school so we chose to cancel our vacation.

I had to call my sister and explain the situation. I was nervous because I didn't want to back out and cause them to pay the half that we were supposed to pay. I was angry b/c I was having to cancel my vacation b/c of my job. It wasn't till I was completely immersed in those feelings that I realized that I had prayed for a way out (we had prayed for a way out) and he was God providing that way out. I begin to feel a little bit better about the situation but I still wasn't sure about my sister.

I called her and she wasn't mad but instead she was relieved! Turns out her in laws were also going to the beach that week and the people that were staying with them had backed out and there was room for my sister and her family to stay there FREE but my sister didn't want to leave us with paying for a week so she had told them she couldn't do that. Well now that was all changing. The invitation for them to stay with her inlaws was still there and everything worked out.

But its not over yet... ya see THIS is the week the week we were supposed to be at the beach. My sister and her family went down on Friday night. We were supposed to leave tonight (tuesday) and come back Sunday. But on Sunday my brother in laws grandmother passed away so they had to come back today for the visitation and funeral. So it all worked out! Nobody lost any money!

No comments: