Monday, February 22, 2010

"Someone wants to see you"

First I would like to say that we had a great weekend! The weather was great and we really enjoyed relaxing and not having anywhere to be. I'm ready for spring!

Sunday we went to my parents house after church to celebrate my mom's and Matthew's birthday. My mom had to go to church that afternoon for a meeting but was coming right back so we stayed and waited. She called and said there was someone that wanted to see me and I needed to come right away. My first thought was heck no! She knew the only way to get me there was to tell me who wanted to see me. It was Margaret. A dear friend that I hadn't seen in years!!! She was actually the mother of an old boyfriend. But she was also like a mentor to me. I spent a lot of time with her and her family even when I wasn't dating her son (Slade). I couldn't get to the church fast enough! I could have spent the entire night just catching up with her. We kept in touch for a while but I got married and moved and we just lost touch. We swapped info last night and we're staying in touch! Her daughter, Kristen, is in Master's Commission at Kingwood. I hope to see her again soon.

1 comment:

Denise said...

You could tell people in the future that it is really a personal family matter, but that Jessica has as much contact with Jessup and his family as he ALLOWS her to have. That should make things point blank clear!