Saturday, February 20, 2010

9 seconds

The girls lost yesterday. They played hard! They were actually ahead at the half and stayed ahead most of the game. They were tied with 9 seconds on the clock. The other team made one heck of a shot and put them ahead by 2 points. We got the ball and set up for the shot - miss. The buzzard sounded and that was it.... that was the roughest 9 seconds. I think the girls were in shock. It was gutt wrenching! I tried to say encouraging words but Jessica was crushed.... nothing could have made it better. I did tell her that this isn't her last championship game and she should be proud to lead her team to states being a freshman!

Yesterday was also my hubby's 30th birthday :) We ate at Taste Of Thailand on the way home from the game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Sam you let Jessica know we are proud of her, and also let her know that as hard as this loss was, the next time they go the win will feel that much more incredible. Tell her to work hard and understand that what doesn't break you makes you stronger and she will have that much more desire to make it there and win it next year and if she needs me you know my number.