Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas vacation!

Last night Matthew and I went out to eat and got some last minute Christmas presents bought.... all because his employer decided to actually give a decent bonus :) I feel much better about the things we got for our kids now... up until last night they were lacking in the toy area and I didn't think they'd get too excited about clothes and pj's. But we got some cool toys and now they're set! Jessica didn't ask for any big items this year so she wasn't too hard to buy for. I wish I could have given her more... or atleast been able to hand over a few hundred dollars to spend on her choice of clothes after Christmas. I remember being a teenage and LOVING that my mom would give me money in my stocking to pick out my own clothes.

Since finishing up with school I feel a little more relaxed. My stress level is definitely down. Although yesterday I got this strong feeling (or conviction) that I needed to be reading up for my next semester. But I have sooo many other things I'd like to get done while I have this time off for Christmas. I ended up getting a "B" in my biology class. I didn't expect anything above a "C" but was secretly hoping for an "A"... however the B doesn't show that its affecting my GPA... its still saying I have a 4.0... not sure how all that works. My lab partner made a D... its passing but for nursing you have to have a "C"... this was her 2nd time to take the class. She called me balling her eyes out and I tried to comfort her but the mother in me came out and I scolded her for her lack of effort throughout the semester.

I'd better get moving... we're due over at the inlaws to see Michael and Heather. They're moving to Clarksdale (or ville?), Tenn... only 4 hours away!!!!! We're not sure of their move date yet but we're hoping its very soon. We miss them and our kids miss them.

No comments: