Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Testing Testing 1 2 3

I went back to the doctor today for my following up appointment. I was convinced it was my gall bladder but now I'm not so sure and neither is my doctor! I took the medicine he put me on. I had no issues. But then the other night I forgot to take it 30 mins prior to eating. I ended up taking it but only waiting 15 mins. One of the reason I really thought it was my gall bladder is b/c that night I ate broccoli and its one of the foods on the list that is related to gall bladder issues. Well I had *issues* about 30 mins after I ate. I just knew it was my gall bladder but then I couldn't decide if HAD I taken the medicine like instructed if I would have had the issues. The medicine I was on treats IBS aka spastic colon.

So today i tell him about what happened. We went over again where I was having pain and all the other symptoms. My pain is on my Left side... gall bladder is on the right side. He listed several things he thought it could be... I didn't catch many of the names... other than him saying again that it could be IBS or dumping syndrome. He said he wanted to run the test to rule out gall bladder. So I'm scheduled to go tomorrow morning to have the test ran. Hopefully we'll have some answers soon!

He said if it was IBS then I'd just need medication (and take it like I'm supposed to) but I don't want to be on daily meds at my age. Guess we'll see!

4 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I know several people who have IBS. I guess it's better to have that, than to have to have surgery.

Nicole said...

I think i'd rather have surgery... at least it would be done with but now i'm looking at taking medicine the rest of my life :(

Jen said...

I have IBS, it so not fun and very painful. I have almost passed out twice from the pain. My healing process after having Corban didn't hurt as bad as my IBS. I have found something that helps though. I eat activia. They say you have to eat it every day but I don't. I have to eat it the fist couple of days and then it kicks in and from there I eat it every other day. You can go to their website and print a cupon. I took medicine for a while but the activia work better than the meds I was on so I quit taking them. We'll be praying!

native-nc said...

Guess its not something that can be controlled by diet but if it is IBS at least you can get some tips from Jen.

Hope they can figure it out soon.