Thursday, August 06, 2009

Reflecting Back

I was talking to a girlfriend today on the phone and she asked me what I was going to do with all my kids in school. I've been a stay at home mom for 4 years now. Something that God totally blessed me with. I have guilt from the years I missed with Jessica b/c I was too consumed with other things. But with my little folks I've been able to be here with them. It hasn't always been peachy... In fact I've struggled with depression, financial issues and other things along the way. But I have some awesome memories. About the time I became a SAHM Jessica begin playing sports.... I know that if I still had a job then I'd miss out on more than half of her games. So I've enjoyed my years at home. I'm grateful to have a husband that feels the way I do about being at home.

My next chapter... my little ones start on Monday. I'll be taking 3 classes in the fall. I was going to work at the pizza place but recently found out it closed :( I'll be sub'ing at the school some to help with tuition. I'm still in a catch 22 with job/pell grant. But I'm not worried. I have faith. I'll have time to do things I've wanted to do... clean my house from top to bottom! Organize closets! Paint my bathroom! Go to the Eye Doctor (amen)! Go to the Dentist! Grab lunch with friends! I'll have plenty of time to study!!!

I'm sure it won't take me long to get board... at least thats what I think will happen. But I'm really looking forward to some me time. I still have my membership at the gym... didn't go all summer long but kept it b/c I knew in the fall I'd have all the time in the world to get skinny!

I've felt a little anxious about my boys going to school but this past week I realized it was time! They're board here with me and they need more socializing. They have the same teacher Darcy had last year and I love her to death. She's a wonderful God loving teacher and she loves her students!!

2 comments:

Staci said...

That is great that they are able to go. If Chloe were trained I think she'd be going to school this fall, but as of now, she will be home this school year. The Christian school where I wanted her to go requires them to be pt before they go. So that is out. I will pray for you! Don't forget now you have more time to work your MK business too!

~Crystal~ said...

I "liked" this post. Oh, wait! This isn't facebook. :)

I hope I can be one of those friends, you lunch with. :)