Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day Memories

My kids were thrilled to death to see me yesterday. Jeremiah had just woken up from his nap and he was still kinda out of it. The teacher said he kept fussing and she thought he was saying something about a booboo but she couldn't find anything. He wasn't talking about a booboo... its bubankey aka blue blanket! She'll know next time!

Their teacher called me later on that evening to reassure me that all went well. She said they had some trouble understanding the stay in your seat rule but she assured me they weren't the only ones. She said Jeremiah quickly caught on to the rules but Jacob wanted to buck them a little more :) Thats my Jacob! She also commented on "the look" he gave her... I told her we referred to that as the grumpy old man look. She laughed.

Darcy had a good day up until lunch time. She knows that at lunch time the half day students leave and she was asking for me. She calmed down and took a nap. She was also very excited to see me. Once we got home she never left my side.

Today was a much easier day. Everyone was in a good mood. They all entered their classrooms and sat down in their seats. I can't wait to pick them up and see how their day went.

I've been uber productive today :) My day went better than yesterday also. Thanks for the prayers, emails, comments and phone calls!!!!!

I promise to post pics soon!

2 comments:

native-nc said...

I know I dont leave comments very often but isn't time for an update? Pics at least?? You feeling better?

Jamie said...

That first day will get easier... I guess it's just a level trust you allow yourself to feel after that first year!