Monday, February 12, 2007

Its been a while

since I've last posted. I've not had a lot of time since Matthew's been working soooooo stinkin much.

Saturday morning (okay so it was afternoon) I was laying on the couch thinking about how I didn't feel like doing anything (I was having a 'moment')... when all the sudden Darcy started screaming "Daddy!!! Daddy!!!" I looked up and there he was.... He had gotten off half a day! We spent the rest of the day playing in the floor with the kids. We also managed to get outside for a little bit.

Saturday night we layed on the couch and watched a PPV movie... this was probably the first time in MONTHS that we've been able to do this alone. We rented The World Trade Center.... it was sooo good but I was soooo emotional. It took me a long time to get everything out of my head that night. We were going to try and watch All the Kings Men but it didn't come on until an hour after the first movie ended and we couldn't keep ourselves awake that long.

Sunday we slept in.... okay so it was around 7:30am but thats sleeping in for a man who's been getting up at 3:30 for the last 2 weeks! I made breakfast and we slowly got everyone ready. We packed up and headed to town LOL aka Alabaster! We decided we'd better eat lunch so we grabbed some Arby's and headed to his parents house to visit. Our plans were to go to Lowe's and to Walmart (and to take the kids) but once we were at his parents house things changed. We stayed over there for a little while and then his parents ended up watching them while we ran to Lowe's and Walmart. We got back to our house around 6 and spent the rest of the night wishing we'd had more time together.... A day and a half is just not long enough after going 2 weeks without seeing each other!

side notes:
Matthew got an ipod from his parents for his birthday.... the BIG one! It holds 7,000 songs! I asked him if we could share and he said NO! He said he wouldn't be anywhere without it so I wouldn't be able to use it! LOL His b'day is the 19th. He'll be the big TWENTY SEVEN!!!! We were going to have a b'day party for him but I canceled it b/c he's supposed to be working all weekend... but he was supposed to have worked this past weekend.... I guess we'll see.

Jacob says Momma. Jeremiah dances while standing up and holding on to things.

Darcy's hair is getting soooooo long. I'm afraid that when I cut it her curls will fall out.... thats what happened to Jessica's.

Jessica has been a BIG help with the kids since Matthew's been working a lot. She finally finished the dreaded science fair project!

Oscar has been visiting since Saturday b/c my parents went out of town. The kids love him!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

It sounds like good time spent together. I hope it isn't that long until you get some more fam time!

~Crystal~ said...

I'm glad you had some time with Matthew. I know it's gotta be rough. Hopefully he won't be working all those hours much longer.
Sounds like you may need to add a puppy to the mix...Whatcha think? lol

Staci said...

Glad you had a good few hours together. Its so important Nicole for you marriage and sanity! I love you girl. and yes we are back now.