Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Birthday Surprise

I'm a control freak - there I said it! I have to always know whats going on - I don't like to be out of the loop.
This makes it hard to pull one over on me.
My hubby called Jamie in Atlanta and invited ourselves over for my b'day weekend. I had no idea until what was going on but finally the night before things were supposed to happen I made him tell me. I was having a slight panic attack b/c he was telling me that he was going to pack for me and that we were all going out of town. Well, Jeremiah was still recovering from surgery and the kids were suppose to start their new school on Monday - I didn't think we needed to be going anywhere! Once he told me where we were going I was too excited to sleep! Jamie had been living in Atlanta for 2 years and we've planned to visit several times but each time something would come up. So FINALLY we were going!!! We had a blast!!! We stayed up every night past midnight playing games or talking. She waited on my like I was at a bed and breakfast! We spent 3+ hours at IKEA. Our kids played great together (although i'm sure the Boemer Boys were glad to see those Brock Boys leave b/c they were ROWDY!) I can't wait to go back!!!!



Okay so the weekend AFTER my b'day - sorry I have no pics. I had a long day at work. I had to stay a little later than usual. I had a lot of stuff on my mind and I came in the door a little grumpy. I started unloading all my junk on my hubby - during this time Jessica was up to something. She was trying to get me into the bathroom but she failed.
Normally I come straight in the door, go the bathroom and start undressing - NOT on this day. You see, my dear friend Staci and Tiff were hiding in my shower!!! They finally gave up and came out of hiding. They were there to kidnap me!!! I had only a few minutes to pack and we were out the door. We had dinner at Joe's Italian where we met Jamie - but I didn't know she was there. I had no idea what was going on the entire weekend.... I was just told to get dressed and lets go! We spent the night at nearby hotel where Crystal joined up for some games. The next morning we went to the Galleria and eventually made our way to Aveeda Spa and Salon where my other friend Amy was to meet us. We had pedi's. Afterwards we ate lunch at Johnny Rocket's then off to Amy's for mexian train dominos. We ended up seeing a 9:50PM movie and coming back to my house afterwards... That was late Saturday night. Sunday we spent the day sleeping. I can't believe my friends pulled one over on me. I was so touched by all the effort they had put into making my birthday special. I love those girls!!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Denise said...

Sounds like you had a blast! That was so nice of everyone to make your b-day so special!