Monday, August 01, 2011

Life

I've spent the last week with some friends who lost their 4 year old daughter in a drowning accident. It was a rough week. One that no parent should ever have to endure... but for whatever reason they had to walk through this.

Saturday was the funeral and most of their family and friends returned home yesterday. Our lives will all return to normal. I can't imagine what they're going through - I don't want to imagine. I laid next to Darcy the other night and watched her sleep. I've listened to these parents talk about their daughter - The pain is unbearable. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't forget them... that I'd stay in touch and be there as much as possible. To be honest, I hadn't seen them in several years. At one time we were really good friends. I was in their wedding. She practically lived at my parents house. But life takes over and you go in different directions. But they're gonna need people to call them and check on them. They're gonna need people to continue to pray. They're never going to "get over" this.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Just be there, girl. She knows you love her. I won't stop praying.