Friday, March 25, 2011

What is God teaching me?

I was doing a sorta playful interview yesterday for our church's newsletter and I was asked questions. One of them was "What has God been teaching you lately?"

Let me be honest here... I am a fixer by nature. I can also be a manipulator. I want to be in control. I want to know the plans not just know there's a plan. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Too bad is doesn't say "and I'll share them with you immediately!" I'm learning to trust in Him. Trying not to fix it on my own or try and help Him. I know that sounds silly like He needs my help. But I've been guilty of telling folks that God gave us common sense and we should use it. He did, but I don't think when we're in need (trouble) that we're supposed to start immediately trying to fix it. I'm learning that my first response should be to go to God immediately and say "this is my problem and I'm not sure how its going to work out but I know that YOU will take care of it and guide me every step of the way." whoa thats hard. Really hard! Someone said in sunday school group once about we let God handle the big stuff but we think the small stuff is too petty to ask for his help. Well I'm the opposite. I'll let him deal with the small stuff but the big stuff is too hard to let him have control over. God wants me to trust him wholeheartedly AND I want to trust Him.

My husband seems to be so relaxed about things happening with our current trails. At times a little too relaxed if you ask me. But He's trusting God. He's serving God, spending time in his word, seeking him in prayer and really trusting Him. Reread that last sentence. Did you get it? His every day walk reflects a christian life... he's not just doing his own thing and then expecting God to solve his problems when he finds himself in a bind. I think thats where most people miss it. Those are the ones that get angry/disappointed and never really understand the Gospel. I don't want to be that person.

1 comment:

~Crystal~ said...

Great post.