Saturday, February 26, 2011

Checking In

I've been a little busy lately with school and family. Things are still going well with school. I've had some really cool clinical experiences lately... seen a lot of cool stuff and actually got to be in on some cool stuff. I just finished my 2 days of full evening clinicals. My shift was 2pm till 10pm and I took full care of ONE patient. Now in the real world I'll have 5 or 6 (more if we're shorthanded) but I think I can handle it by then. The worst part is all the paperwork we have to do... none of which is actually done in "real life" but we're stuck doing it in school.

The kids are all doing well. Jeremiah and Darcy tell me every afternoon when I pick them up that they've gotten part of or all of their name on the board. The other day after they told me Jacob looked up at me and said "Momma, I never get my name on the board" Thats my Jacob! He NEVER gets in trouble at school. Sweet boy. Darcy's a talker and Jeremiah likes to be goofy... I guess Jacob takes after me and the other two take after Matthew :)

Jessica is playing softball for the first time this year. She went on her first double date on Valentines Day and she's attending the Jr/Sr Banquet in April. She'll turn 16 this summer. We get stuff for college every week :(

Matthew is looking forward to his role in ministry - whenever that might be. He met with the head of our presbytery last weekend and they talked about what he needed to do in order to be ordained. He's going to start teaching a sunday school class and then he'll do an internship. The presbyterian church (PCA) doesn't just let anyone become ordained... He'll go through a bunch of stuff before they'll ordain him. Which is good... i'm not complaining... that keeps from just anyone getting up behind the pulpit and saying whatever they "feel" is right.

We have a family reunion to attend in a few hours.... I've got to finish my cake :)

No comments: