Monday, May 20, 2013

I survived!!!

The last few days have been full of emotions.  Jessica graduated on Friday night.  She was salutatorian and I couldn't have been more prouder of her speech.  She cried and others cried with her.  It was a heartfelt speech. She left this morning with her classmates and one chaperone for Disney World. 

I am so proud of her.  She's a good kid.  I worry about her safety being in the real world but I have to trust God.  I've raised her well and she knows right from wrong but its not those things that I worry about. I worry about all the crazies out there that do harm to others.  I can get myself really worked up thinking about all the things out there that could happen and I know I should even entertain those things.

On Saturday morning I ran my first ever 5K... it was more than a race.... it was an obstacle course.  Its actually called The Almighty Mud Run.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever done physically and mentally.  But I did it.  I didn't quit.  I wanted to quit.  It was hard.   I cried but I pushed through it.  I swam through mud pits, submerged myself entirely at times to go under logs.  I swam a freezing cold lake.  I crossed over three sets of narrow balance beams over the cold lake and didn't fall of.  I climbed walls.  I went through barbed wire.  I faced my fear of heights on more than one obstacle.  I pushed myself like never before.  I had support from my husband and friends... they cheered me on and prayed me through.  It was TOUGH! But I'm sooooo glad I did it.  I'm glad I didn't quit when it got too hard.  I finished it.

No comments: